Episode 8: Interview with Rob Booker
Do you know the biggest challenge to becoming Consistently Profitable? Listen to this interview to find out…
Today I have the pleasure of welcoming Rob Booker to the show. Rob is a currency trader with over 15 years of experience trading Forex. He hosts “The Traders Podcast” on iTunes and is the author of Adventures of a Currency Trader.
1:03 Rob introduces himself
- Started trading 15 years ago. It took him 11 months to be profitable as a trader.
1:58 Rob’s Trading journey
3:25 Challenges Rob had encountered and what he did to get past those.
- A trader NEVER stops making mistakes. But whatever you do, NEVER have a catastrophic loss!
- YOU are responsible for your own trading success.
9:11 Biggest challenge to becoming consistently profitable
- The desire to make a lot of money in a short period of time, as opposed to compounding small gains overtime.
16:07 Rob’s A-HA Moment
- “I’m never gonna let a loss go out of control again”
18:22 Persons who impacted his life as a Trader
- Shunryū Suzuki – the author of Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind
- Jon Kabat-Zinn – the author of Wherever You Go, There You Are
- Ron Chernow – the author of Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.
- Rob loved the book Market Wizards
23:37 Successful Habit that contributed to Rob’s trading success
24:28 What would you do differently?
25:54 Rob Booker’s contact details
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this interview with Rob Booker, I would really appreciate a positive review in iTunes and Stitcher. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.