Episode 6: Interview with Chris Lori of ProTraders club
An in-depth understanding of the market, discipline and consistency are some of the key components for trading success. But how do you develop these?
It is my pleasure to chat with Chris Lori on this show who shares some golden nuggets on how to develop as a trader and the importance of having a trading Development Plan. Listen to the show to see how you can come up with one yourself.
Chris is a registered CTA and a Fund Manager. He has over 16 years of experience in trading Forex. Prior to his trading career, Chris was a decorated Olympian in the sport of bobsledding with 9 Crystal Globes, 22 world cup medals and an overall World cup title to his name.
1:22 Chris introduces himself
- Chris came from a large family in Canada, with 8 kids.
- “Financial Prudence” has been an important part of his childhood years. A trait which was highly valued by his father.
- His experience in bobsledding prepared him for the enormous workload he’ll be facing in the near future.
6:22 From Bobsledding to Trading
- Chris started bobsledding when he was 21 years old. His passion for the sport became his ticket to the 1988 Olympic Games.
- After the Olympics, he took the Canadian Securities Course. This development led to his first foray into the field of finance.
9:17 First Failures as a Forex Trader
10:36 Biggest challenge in becoming consistently profitable and how he got past that
13:03 Persons who impacted his life as a Trader
18:26 How do you come up with a development plan?
23:32 The AHA moment in Chris Lori’s trading journey
28:13 Successful Habit that contributed to Chris’ trading success
31:22 Resources that helped Chris enhance his trading skills
- Mark Douglas – Trading in the Zone
- Van Tharp books
32:19 If given a chance to do things all over again, what would Chris have done differently
33:49 Chris Lori’s contact details
For more about Chris Lori, please visit www.chrislori.com.
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this interview with Chris Lori, I would really appreciate a positive review in iTunes and Stitcher. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.