Episode 12: Interview with Alex Ong of TradersCorner.co.uk
It is my pleasure to welcome Alex Ong of traderscorner.co.uk. Alex has been trading for over 10 years and has infused his skills as a technician into his trading methodologies. He has also penned several books and various financial publications in UK, Asia and Australia.
1:30 Alex’s Introduction
1:46 Our guest’s first foray into trading
4:32 Was there a time when you felt you failed in trading
6:05 Biggest challenge to becoming consistently profitable, and overcoming that challenge.
- Dealing with draw downs and the distributions of wins and losses.
8:08 The A-HA Moment
11:48 The BEST and WORST Trades
- Alex’s BEST trade – Dollar/Yen trade approximately four years ago.
16:46 Helpful resources
- One Good Trade – written by Mike Bellafiore
- The Playbook – written by Mike Bellafiore
- Pitbull – written by Martin Schwartz
19:51 What would you do differently?
20:58 Advice for Retail Traders
23:14 Are there any recurring themes that you see among traders that are not making money?
- For more information about Alex and his trading methodologies, please visit traderscorner.co.uk
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this interview with Alex Ong, I would really appreciate a positive review in iTunes and Stitcher. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.